Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

First Aid Kit, Your Stepping On It...

We were at out farmers market last week and I went to pick up my crocheting and there was bee sitting on it and it stung me on my pinky finger, and it hurt!! :) I could quickly tell that it was swelling and was only going to get worse, I grabbed some plantain from the grass and a bottle of water, after washing I chewed it up and placed it on the infected area. I held it in place for about 8 min. and there was no swelling and no pain.



Plantain is an astringent, anti-immflamitory, anti-venomous, and also an anti-bacterial. So it pulls out the stinger from the infected area as well as cool the immflamed area.


You can make a salve out of it and it can be applied to any kind of bite, cut and bruise. I even put it on really irritating mosquito bites and it seems to calm them down.


This little plant can be found in low lying grass and every other place immaginable. I'll bet ya' anything you have some in your yard.


They grow on every continent in the world except Antartica. And can be found anywhere in North America. So chances are that you have some around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment